Thursday, March 20, 2014

Overlapping Wall Frames & Mirror

Unbelievably, we've lived in our house for almost four years. I'm at the point where I'm starting to tire of the original decor and am ready for some changes. So as not to drive my husband batty, or spend a ton of money, I started small.

Right after we moved in, I hung a photo gallery wall with a big mirror on the main wall in our kitchen. I loved it at first, but it was starting to feel too busy to me. Once again inspired by pinterest, I decided to try something new.

I painted the mirror a creamy off-white and found a great deal on frames that I had been obsessing over at Target. My husband helped to hang the frames so they overlapped. We used wall anchors and then some really long screws so that the screw could stick out about an inch from the wall.


I just adore how it turned out. Simple but grown-up.
I have since put in photos of our family, but I never had a chance to take new photos while it was actually sunny outside... maybe because it seems like winter is here to stay forever.
I also updated our $10 thrift store dresser, but that's a post for another day :)

Am I the only one that feels the need to redecorate on a constant basis? I am considering having a garage sale to try and sell some of the things that I have phased out, but I don't know if I'm quite that brave. Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)