Monday, May 6, 2013

Just in Time

The nursery is finished! 

This post is basically going to be a ton of pictures. Maybe now that I've uploaded all of the pictures that I've taken, I'll get around to doing smaller posts on some of the DIY projects. For now, this will have to do.  

My due date is officially 2 weeks and 2 days away, so we're definitely getting really close. I'm so glad to have everything in order in her nursery :) Without further ado, let's begin the barrage of pictures. 
This is the view from the doorway. I finally finished the alphabet wall, the baby quilt, and the book slings that are hanging under the window.
My aunt made the mobile that's hanging above the crib. I had pinned something similar on my pinterest board and she ran with it. I love it.
I made two book slings that can each hold five or six books. I hung them using command hooks because my husband didn't want to put a zillion holes in the wall. The package says that each hook holds 7 pounds. They've been hanging for a few weeks now and we haven't had any issues. The hooks are hidden by the curtain panel, so we don't have to see the mess.

We got our glider from Buy Buy Baby. It's the Savvy glider by Little Castle and it comes with the ottoman. I took the advice of a few mom's and made sure we had a comfy ottoman and a little table next to the chair to put a glass of water while I'm feeding the baby. I have plans for the big frame above the glider, but they involve the baby's initials so I'm going to wait on that. Her name is still a secret... best job we've ever done at keeping a secret :)
I just picked up the lamp from Target yesterday. The jury is still out. It was only $10, so I'm considering spray painting it. Thoughts?

We've had the crib for a while now. We ordered it online from Walmart. I used hem tape to make the crib skirt, and with my mom's help, I made the quilt.

The dresser, like the crib, is from Walmart. I'm so happy with the look of it, especially at the price.
Above the dresser/changing table, I hung a small photo frame gallery. I made most of the art, so the cost was pretty low.
This one just might be my favorite. It's probably the math geek in me.
I've filled up the built-ins that Bill made in the little nook. I'm not quite settled on the placement of everything yet. I'm sure this is something that will evolve as the baby grows and we see what we need to put there.
Its a small-ish room, so I think it is about as full as its going to get. I'm sure any parent reading this is laughing since you know how much stuff we're going to accumulate in the next few months.

I can't wait for the baby to arrive. The doctor's told me that I will not deliver after my due date because I have gestational diabetes... I guess that's the perk of pricking myself four times a day for the past four months!

One week of work left and two weeks until baby! I hope you enjoyed the tour :)

Thanks for reading,
Kathleen

Linking Up at:

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely Fabulous! Shes a lucky little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful Kathleen (and Bill of course)! Just like your little one will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really cute Kath! I wouldn't mind sleeping there. What a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable room and full of pretty things for the baby to look at. I love the abcs on the wall very bright and colourful. Great job x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The abc's were a big undertaking, but totally worth it!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so happy with how it turned out :)

      Delete
  8. Where did you get your abc letters? Or did you cut them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked them up at Michaels and JoAnn's over time. I chose lots of different fonts and sizes and then painted them.

      Delete
  9. The room looks great. I just bought that same glider an can't wait to get it rocking. Good tip about the small table. Will def get one. How did you make the book slings? I found a few tutorials just wondering if you used one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! The glider has been awesome. Caroline is 10 months old now and I still use the glider to nurse her every morning and night.

      Here's the post I did about the book slings with a link to the tutorial that I sort of followed. They were fairly intuitive to make! http://projectsatthepicketts.blogspot.com/2013/05/this-girl-will-be-reading-in-no-time.html

      Delete
  10. What is the width of the glider? Does it come apart to fit in narrow doorways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure of the exact width of the glider. I would estimate about 30 inches. It did not come apart to get it through the door, and it was actually quite a struggle to get it in there. My daughter is 21 months old and its still in her room and we use it pretty regularly to read books. It was definitely worth the hard time of getting it into the room!!

      Delete

I really love hearing your feedback! Its a great feeling to get a comment and realize that people are actually reading this blog. Thanks for taking the time :)